is the Medical Chief of the
Obesity Surgery Center by Laparoscopy. He is a
general Surgeon, he teaches Laparoscopy's
procedure at private institutions and he is also Chief of
the Obesity Surgery Department for the Instituto
Mexicano del Seguro Social (Government Healthcare
Dr. Buenaventura Leal has wide experience in the
treatment of morbid obesity using the Lap Band and
Gastric Bypass surgeries to provide solutions. Dr.
Buenaventura Leal is member of 6 medical
associations and has attended 30 seminars in
different countries, having an experience which is
based on a career of more than 18 years as Medical
General Surgeon. During the last 14 years he has
been focused in the area of morbid Obesity, attending more than 2,000 patients and
giving them a definitive solution to their problems of Obesity. His experience and
practice has placed him as one of the most recognized bariatric surgeons in Mexico.
• Chief of the Laparoscopic Surgery Advance Department at the Hospital del
Seguro Social No. 33
• Instructor of Laparoscopic and General Surgery at the Hospital del Seguro
Social No. 33.
• Chief of Laparoscopic Reflux Surgery in Hospital del Seguro Social No. 33
• Instructor for Laparoscopy Surgery and General Surgery at Christus Muguerza
• Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía General.
• Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía Endoscopica
• Colegio de Especialistas de Cirugía General del Estado de Nuevo León
• Colegio de Médicos del Estado de Nuevo León
• Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía Laparoscopica
• Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía Bariátrica
• International Federation of Obesity Surgery