|Dr. Vivek Jawali Bangalore India|
Dr. Vivek Jawali
M.S., MNAMS,M. Ch. (C.T Surg.), FIACS
Chief CardioThoracic & Vascular Surgeon,
Dr. Jawali brings to Wockhardt Heart Hospital a vast experience of performing more than 18000 Cardiac surgeries and has presented more than 100 scientific papers in national and international forums. He has also performed Indias first minimally invasive bypass surgery (MIDCAB), and also a minimally invasive valve replacement.
He pioneered the movement of minimally invasive heart surgery in India. In 2004, he performed Worlds first awake major OPEN HEART surgery (Aortic valve replacement with triple bypass), with patient fully awake, without ventilator even when the heart is stopped. He has eight international scientific publications to his credit on this issue.
Dr. Jawali has demonstrated newer techniques of bypass surgery at live surgical workshops in India and abroad. Many cardiac surgeons and cardiac anaesthetists from all over the world visit to observe and learn the new techniques from him. He is actively involved in training the senior cadre of cardiac surgeons from china in the art of Off pump bypass surgery.
Fellowships and Surgical Observations Abroad
1. President , Indian Association of Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons (IACTS)
2. Founder member of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons
3. Member Executive Council of Indian Association of C.T Surgeons (IACTS) 1995.
4. Vice president of Indian college of Cardiology (I.C.C) 1999 - 2002
5. Hon. Secretary, Cardiology Society of India, Bangalore Chapter 1987
6. Hon Secretary , Bangalore Surgical Society 1992
7. Sub Editor Journal of Indian Association of C.T Surgery 2001
8. Member of the executive committee Indian Medical Association, Bangalore chapter 1988
9. Vice president of Indian Medical Association, Karnataka chapter 2001
10. (1) Chairman, Scientific Committee of the Annual Conference of Indian Association of
Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons 1995
11. (2) Vice Chairman - organizing Committee of the annual conference of Indian association
of Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons 2005
12. Fellow of the IACTS(Indian Association of cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons)