The Medical City (TMC), Manila, Philippines
The Medical City (TMC), Manila is a private, tertiary care hospital now in its fourth decade of existence. It is located on a 1.5 hectare property along Ortigas Avenue in Pasig City. The 15-storey Nursing Tower is currently fitted for 500 beds, and a future second Nursing Tower provides capacity for additional 300 beds. The 18 floors of the Medical Arts Tower house 280 doctor`s clinics.
TMC offers diagnostic and treatment services that address a broad range of diseases utilizing state-of-the-art technology such as computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and cardiac catheterization and interventional services among others. This is made possible through the Clinical Departments (including their various sub-specialties) of Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Pediatrics, Obstetric-Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Psychiatry and Rehabilitation Medicine, as well as diagnostic and intervention units such as Clinical Laboratories, Diagnostic Radiology and Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Acute Stroke Unit and Intensive Care Unit.
The foundation of TMC`s services capabilities is its distinguished regular medical staff of 350 physicians, all of whom are experienced, recognized and established experts in their various fields of specialization. They are complemented by 610 visiting consultants. This core of professionals is supported and assisted by a 1,400 strong human resource team composed of administrative, finance and support service staff.
Some of the Specialist Departments and services
- Trauma: The Orthopedic Trauma Unit handles fractures, dislocations and soft-tissue injuries of the extremities. Common treatment of modalities consist of surgical fracture fixation, joint reduction and non-surgical manipulation and immobilization.
- Arthritis and Joint Replacement: The Arthritis and Joint Replacement Unit provides the highest quality medical and surgical care for patients with chronic joint disorders. The unit provides competent, state-of-the-art surgical care for chronic joint disorders, mainly hip replacement and knee replacement, which is the current mainstay of joint reconstruction.
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy: The Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Unit aims to address problems pertaining to injuries most commonly involving the knees, ankle, shoulder, elbow, and foot. It is secondarily involved in the management of the degenerative conditions that may be treated in a minimally invasive manner. It also employs a multidisciplinary approach in the holistic care of athletes, working closely with allied specialties like rehabilitation medicine, nutrition and sports physiology.
- Pediatric Orthopedic: The Unit oversees the diagnosis and management of the common orthopedic congenital and developmental problems of the extremities, including clubfoot deformities, developmental hip dysplasia, bone and joint infections and neglected traumatic injuries. The most common surgical procedures are: correction of limb deformities and limb length discrepancies, clubfoot surgery, tendon transfers and other soft tissue procedures from paralytic deformities, non-arthroplastic joint reconstruction, and treatment of bone and joint infections in children.
- Orthopedic Tumor: The Unit aims to treat musculoskeletal tumors. It is part of both the Department of Orthopedics and The Medical City Cancer Center. Since musculoskeletal oncology is multidisciplinary in nature, the Unit works closely with medical oncology, pathology, and radiation oncology, as well as different support units and specialists to provide comprehensive care to patients. The target populations of the Unit are patients with primary bone and soft tissue tumors and those with metastatic bone disease. Procedures done include limb salvage surgeries, all varities of amputations, adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and bone and soft tissue reconstructions.
- Hand and Microsurgery: The Hand Unit oversees the treatment of all common hand conditions aside from those of a traumatic nature, including infections, acquired or congenital deformities, degenerative conditions and peripheral nerve disorders. It also offers micro-vascular replacement and reconstruction for severed digits and hand and following limb salvage procedures, having at its disposal the necessary equipment to deliver this specialized level of orthopedic care.
- Spine Surgery: Because of the often-debilitating nature of spinal cord injuries, a specialized level of surgical expertise and care is prerequisite in dealing with spine conditions. The Unit oversees the treatment of common spine conditions including traumatic injuries, congenital anomalies, deformities (such as scoliosis), infections and tumors.
The Department of Otolaryngology or Ear, Nose, Throat - Head and Neck Surgery Center (ENT-HNS) integrates the Outpatient Clinic, Hearing and Dizziness Unit, Voice and Swallowing Laboratory and Speech Therapy.
- The Hearing and Dizziness Unit is fully operational with modern facilities for evaluating hearing and balance disorders including pure tone audiometry, speech testing, tympanometry, auditory brainstem response, otoacoustic emissions and videonystagmography among others. The section is now in the process of acquiring upgraded facilities for Pediatric Audiometry.
- The Voice and Swallowing Laboratory, the first laboratory for voice and swallowing in the country, continues to be the premier referral center for diagnosing voice and swallowing disorders in the Philippines.
- The Center for Snoring and Sleep Disorders is a multidisciplinary center where the Department of ORL-HNS is also involved in.
Diagnostic services include:
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Fundus Photograph
- Optic Disc Photograph
- Visual Field Testing
- Ocular Ultrasound
- Color blindness testing
- Biomicroscopic examination
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- PanRetinal Photocoagulation (PRP Laser)
- YAG Laser Capsulotomy
- Laser Iridotomy
- Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Cataract extraction (Phacoemulsification, ECCE) surgeries
- Corneal transplantation surgeries
- Vitreo-Retina surgeries
- Glaucoma filtration surgeries
- Ophthalmic Plastic (Eyelid) surgeries
- Orbital Tumor and Reconstructive surgeries
- Lacrimal (Tear Duct) Obstruction surgeries
- Squint (Eye misalignment correction) surgeries
- Minor surgeries (I&C, Pterygium excision)
FREE quote for surgery at The Medical City, Philippines
, an award-winning* medical tourism facilitator in USA, is the trusted source for global medical and dental choices, connecting patients to leading healthcare facilities worldwide. We arrange a variety of medical tourism services from basic consultations to full service treatment abroad. We help you to take care of all your medical tourism details from arranging the surgery and financing options to visas, travel, lodging and tourism.
Healthbase caters to the needs of individual consumers, self-funded businesses, insurance carriers, benefit consultants, insurance agents, and third party administrators seeking affordable medical travel and dental travel options. Our state-of-the-art, easy to use, information rich web-based system makes it easy to coordinate international medical care including necessary travel and accommodation for patients and their companions, all at one place.
The cost of surgical care at our ever growing network of affiliated institutions is typically a fraction of the cost of care in the U.S. with equal or superior outcomes. Healthbase arranges first class services for patients at major internationally accredited hospitals in Thailand, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, Belgium, Hungary, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Mexico, USA and is expanding to Canada, UK, Jordan,Taiwan, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, El Salvador and Guatemala.
We offer over two hundred medical, dental and cosmetic procedures
in various categories: Orthopedic procedures such as hip replacement, Birmingham hip resurfacing, artificial knee replacement, rotator cuff repair, knee surgery; Cardiac and Vascular procedures like heart bypass (multiple coronary artery bypass graft or CABG), aortic aneurysm repair, heart valve repair, heat valve replacement, angioplasty, RF Ablation; Spinal procedures such as spine fusion, laminectomy, disc replacement; Weight-loss procedures like gastric bypass, lap band, gastric sleeve; Eye procedures like LASIK; Cosmetic and Plastic surgery procedures such as breast augmentation, face lift, rhinoplasty (nose surgery), liposuction; Dental procedures such as orthognathic surgery, dental bridges, dental implants, dental crowns; dental veneers; and hundreds of other procedures in the departments of Urology, General surgery, Wellness and many more. The savings are up to 80% of typical US hospital prices.
Medical Tourism, also termed as Medical Travel, Health Travel, Health Tourism, Global Healthcare, Medical Vacation, Medical Value Travel, Medical Treatment Abroad, International Medical, Surgical Tourism, Surgery Abroad, Surgical Trip, Healthcare Abroad, Medical Outsourcing, offshore Medical and Overseas Medical, is the act of traveling abroad to receive medical, dental and cosmetic care. Significantly lower cost for best practice care is usually the primary motivation behind medical tourism although some medical tourists go abroad for immediate availability of procedures and to seek treatments that are not available in their home country. Patients frequently also take advantage of the opportunity to vacation and tour inexpensively in the foreign country while they are visiting for health care. Signup
to know more about medical or dental tourism.
* - Awarded the "Best Website for Accessing International Medical Information for Patients/Consumers" by Consumer Health World 2007.