Dr. Gopi Aniyathodiyil
Chief Interventional Cardiologist
MBBS KIMS Bangalore Bangalore 1988
MD (med.) BMC Bangalore Bangalore 1992
DNB (med.) BMC Bangalore National Board of Examinations New Delhi 1992
DM Sree Chitra Tirunal Sree Chitra Tirunal 1995 (Dec)
(Cardiology) Institute for Medical Institute for Medical Sciences and Sciences and
(An Institute of National Importance)
FSCAI Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions 2005 USA
1. Echocardiographic, Haemodynamic and Angiographic Profile of Dextrocardia. Abstract issue IHJ 1994. Vol46. No.5.
2. Intra coronary stent implantation in presence of thrombus ; Early results
U.B.Khanolkar and A.Gopi, Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore. IHJ September-October, 1996 Pg.483 No.36
3. Coronary stenting in presence of intra coronary thrombus- success & complication- U.B. Khanolkar & A.Gopi ,Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore.
The American Journal of Cardiology, October 1997. 9th annual symposium.
Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics.
Abstracts Supplement. Abstract No. TCT 116.
4. Percutaneous Transluminal Carotid Angioplasty and stenting for Carotid artery stenosis– initial experience. IHJ, 1997, IHJ Abstract issue Vol 49, Pg 622 No.119.
5 Carotid and Vertebral Artery Angioplasty-Our experience U.B.Khanolkar, A.Gopi Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore.
IHJ 1998, Abstract issue Vol 50, Pg.No 683 No 297.
6. High risk Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty Primary success and early follow-up. U.B.Khanolkar, A.Gopi - Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore. IHJ 1998, Abstract issue Vol 50, Pg 667 No.232.
7 PTCA for Left Main Coronary Artery.
A.Gopi & U.B.Khanolkar, Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore. IHJ Vol. 51, #6, Abstract issue Nov-Dec 1999
8. Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation Ablation of triggering foci in the Pulmonary Veins-Indian Experience.
Dr. V.S. Prakash, Dr. U.B. Khanolkar, Dr. R. Keshav, Dr. A. Gopi & Dr. S.S. Ramesh. Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore.
IHJ Vol.51 Abstract issue #6, Nov-Dec 1999 Abstract Issue.
9 Angiographic Success & in Hospital results with sub maximal dose of abciximab during PCI. Dr. U.B. Khanolkar, Dr. Gopi A. Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute Bangalore, IHJ Vol.52. Abstract issue No.6, Nov-Dec 2000 Abstract Issue.
10. In hospital outcome of patients with first Acute Myocardial Infarction. A.Srinath,Gopi A.U.B.Khanolkar Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore. JAPI 2000 Vol.48 No 1 Pg 154.
11. Percutaneous Transluminal Non Coronary Angioplasty –Our experience Gopi A. , U.B.Khanolkar Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore. KJMS 1998 Vol.1 No 3 Pg 59-61.
12. Images - Gopi A., Sridevi M.R., Yogesh Kothari. KJMS Vol.4. No.1&2 Jan-June-05
13. Spectrum of reinterventions in patients following an index percutaneous coronary intervention. A Gopi, Yogesh kothari, M R Sridevi, IHJ sept – oct 2005; 57 (5) Art No. 205
13. Project done during DM course
a. Segmental analysis of 51 cases of Dextrocardia.
b. The effect of antioxidant vitamine E on lipid peroxidation and free radical scavenging enzymes in the patient with chronic stable angina.
1. Senior Registrar in Cardiology Wockhardt Hospital and Heart Institute.
2. Consultant Interventional Cardiologist Wockhart Hospital and Heart Institute.
Jan 1998-June 2002.
3. Consultant Interventional Cardiologist in Sagar Apollo Hospital, July 2002
4. Coordinator-Cardiovascular Services in Sagar Apollo Hospital April 2004 to October 2007
5. Sr. consultant - interventional cardiologist, Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore, Nov 2007 onwards
1. 9000 diagnostic procedures
2. 1500 cardiac intervention procedure
3. Types of procedures done
1. Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
2. Percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty
3. Percutaneous transluminal carotid angioplasty
4. Peripheral vessel angioplasty
5. Percutaneous balloon mitral valvuloplasty
6. Device closure of ASD and PDA
7. IVC filter implantation
8. Permanent pacemaker implantation
9. Heart Failure device and ICD implantation
Large experience in emergency angioplasty during heart attack
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Life Member Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
Life Member Cardiological Society of India
Life Member Indian College of Cardiology
Life Member Pediatric Cardiac Society of India.
Life Member Cardiology Society of India, Bangalore Chapter
Life Member Cardiology Society of India, Karnataka Chapter
ISECON 2005: April 2 and 3 2005, Bangalore.
Topic - ECG in AMI, Common Errors in ECG Diagnosis.
Sessions on Advances in Cardiology October 1st 2ed 2006 Bangalore.
International conference on Emergency Medicine,2007 Bangalore.
Karnataka State CSI Conference, Hubli, October 2007.
AMI course 2008: 25th to 27th January, New Delhi.
Cardiovascular Imaging Summit: 10th and 11th Oct 2008.
, an award-winning* medical tourism facilitator in USA, is the trusted source for global medical and dental choices, connecting patients to leading healthcare facilities worldwide. We arrange a variety of medical tourism services from basic consultations to full service treatment abroad. We help you to take care of all your medical tourism details from arranging the surgery and financing options to visas, travel, lodging and tourism.
Healthbase caters to the needs of individual consumers, self-funded businesses, insurance carriers, benefit consultants, insurance agents, and third party administrators seeking affordable medical travel and dental travel options. Our state-of-the-art, easy to use, information rich web-based system makes it easy to coordinate international medical care including necessary travel and accommodation for patients and their companions, all at one place.
The cost of surgical care at our ever growing network of affiliated institutions is typically a fraction of the cost of care in the U.S. with equal or superior outcomes. Healthbase arranges first class services for patients at major internationally accredited hospitals in Thailand, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, Belgium, Hungary, Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, Mexico, USA and is expanding to Canada, UK, Jordan,Taiwan, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, El Salvador and Guatemala.
We offer over two hundred medical, dental and cosmetic procedures
in various categories: Orthopedic procedures such as hip replacement, Birmingham hip resurfacing, artificial knee replacement, rotator cuff repair, knee surgery; Cardiac and Vascular procedures like heart bypass (multiple coronary artery bypass graft or CABG), aortic aneurysm repair, heart valve repair, heat valve replacement, angioplasty, RF Ablation; Spinal procedures such as spine fusion, laminectomy, disc replacement; Weight-loss procedures like gastric bypass, lap band, gastric sleeve; Eye procedures like LASIK; Cosmetic and Plastic surgery procedures such as breast augmentation, face lift, rhinoplasty (nose surgery), liposuction; Dental procedures such as orthognathic surgery, dental bridges, dental implants, dental crowns; dental veneers; and hundreds of other procedures in the departments of Urology, General surgery, Wellness and many more. The savings are up to 80% of typical US hospital prices.
Medical Tourism, also termed as Medical Travel, Health Travel, Health Tourism, Global Healthcare, Medical Vacation, Medical Value Travel, Medical Treatment Abroad, International Medical, Surgical Tourism, Surgery Abroad, Surgical Trip, Healthcare Abroad, Medical Outsourcing, offshore Medical and Overseas Medical, is the act of traveling abroad to receive medical, dental and cosmetic care. Significantly lower cost for best practice care is usually the primary motivation behind medical tourism although some medical tourists go abroad for immediate availability of procedures and to seek treatments that are not available in their home country. Patients frequently also take advantage of the opportunity to vacation and tour inexpensively in the foreign country while they are visiting for health care. Signup
to know more about medical or dental tourism.
* - Awarded the "Best Website for Accessing International Medical Information for Patients/Consumers" by Consumer Health World 2007.