Dr. Raju Vaishya
Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Medical Council of India Delhi Medical Council
- General Medical Council of UK (Full Registration)
- 1977-86, G.R. Medical College, Gwalior.
- 1987-90, University of Birmingham & Liverpool, U.K
- MBBS (Hons)1982, Jiwaji University, Gwalior.
- MS (Orth.) 1986, Jiwaji University, Gwalior.
- MCh (Orth) 1990, Liverpool University, England.
- 4 Years of specialised higher surgical training (especially in Knee surgery, including total joint replacement & arthroscopic surgery) at various prestigious hospitals of U.K viz. Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospitals, Oswestry & Royal Liverpool Children`s Hospitals, UK.
- SHO (Ortho) March 1987-Dec 1987 Glan Clwyd Hospital, Rhyl, UK
- Knee Fellow Jan 1988-April 1988 Hill Top Hospital, Bromsgrove,UK
- Registrar (Orth) April 1988-June1989 RJAH Ortho Hospital, Oswestry, UK
- Registrar (Orth) July 1989-Dec 1989 Hereford General Hospital, UK
- Registrar (Orth) Jan 1990-Dec 1990 Royal AlderHey Liverpool Children`s Hospital
- Awarded A.O fellowship to gain advanced training in operative management of fractures, in Germany and Switzerland.
- Have had specialised training in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder & knee from Dr Brian Cole at Rush Presbytarian Hospital, Chicago, USA
- Have had specialised training in arthroscopic shoulder surgery from Prof. Simon Frostick of Liverpool University, UK
- KNEE SURGERY (Total Joint Replacement & Arthroscopic Surgery)
- ARTHROSCOPIC SHOULDER SURGERY
- Numerous publications in international journals on various Orthopaedic subjects, including the original research in the field of knee surgery.
- Presented several academic lectures at various National & International conferences, in CME programmes.
- Had been an Editorial Board member of I.J.O.
- Highest Income Tax payee award (in Professional category) of Government of India, from 1994-95 to 1998-99, in Gwalior Division.
- Outstanding Young Person of Gwalior- Awarded by Gwalior Junior Chamber-1996.
- Professor`s gold medal for the best research at Oswestry, University of Birmingham,UK (1989)
- Vaishya R. "A thorny problem ": diagnosis & treatment of acacia thorn injuries. INJURY. 21 ; 97-100, 1989 .
- Vaishya R , Strover AE , Darby AJ . Are prosthetic ligaments inert? OSWESTRIAN. 1, 14-16 ; 1989.
- Vaishya R , Strover AE . Bilateral cysts of the lateral femoral trochlea . ACTA ORTHOP BELGICA . 57, 617-19 ; 1990.
- Vaishya R , Pullicino VC , McCall IW . The role of CT arthography in patello- femoral disorders . OSWESTRIAN . 1, 20-23 ; 1989.
- Bagga TK , Vaishya R. Measurement of instability in ACL deficient knee. OSWESTRIAN. 1, 26-27 ; 1989.
- Vaishya R, Middha VP. Wooden lesions produced by splinters of wood in soft tissues & bone. INTERNATIONAL ORTHOP (SICOT) . 14, 47-48 ; 1990 .
- Vaishya R , Mudgal CS , Klenerman L . Non union of osteochondroma . ACTA ORTHOP BELGICA . 57 , 68-70 ; 1991.
- Vaishya R, Patrick JH. Isolated fracture dislocation of tarsal navicular. INJURY. 22, 47-48 ; 1991.
- Bagga TK , Vaishya R, Jaffary DC. Dynamic assessment of cruciate ligaments using an electronic force platform. ACTA ORTHOP BELGICA. 57 , 7-10 ; 1991.
- Vaishya R. Idiopathic osteonecrosis of the patella : an unusual case of pain in the knee. J BONE JOINT SURG (AM). 73-A, 1574-75 ; 1991.
- Vaishya R. The role of C.T. arthography in patello-femoral disorders. The MCh Orthian. 1, 57-58 ; 1991.
- D`Souza SR, Vaishya R, Klenerman L. Management of radial neck fractures in children . PAEDIATRIC ORTHOP. 13, 232-38 ; 1993.
- Gopa Kumar TS, Vaishya R, Klenerman L. Role of ultrasound & isotope scanning in the management of irritable hips . J EUR RADIOL. 15, 113-17 ; 1992.
- Debnath UK, Vaishya R, Verma HS. Patella fracture in a patient of Forestier's disease. ACTA ORTHOP BEL. 58, 353, 1992.
- Vaishya R. Controversies in Total Knee Replacement. J West Bengal Orthop Assoc. 15 (1) , 19-25 ; 1998.
- Vaishya R , Sharma P. Arthroscopic management of stiff knee. Indian J Orthop. 33 (4), 274-75 ; 1999.
- Tandon H, Vaishya R. Stress fractures in Osteoarthritis of knee. Indian J Orthop.
- Vaishya R. Total Knee Replacement-a new hope for the knee crippled. Orthopaedics Update. 2(2), 6-9; 2000.
- Vaishya R. Total Knee Replacement: A patient`s information guide. Orthopaedics Today. III (3), 159- 162; 2001.
Papers sent for publications
- Acacia thorn injuries (Clinic-experimental study). Accepted for MS (Orth) by Jiwaji University, Gwalior (1986).
- CT Arthrography of Patello-femoral joint. Accepted for MCh (Orth) by Liverpool University (1990)
- Comparative study of MRI & Arthroscopy for knee disorders. Submitted for DNB (Radiology). Co-guide with Dr Parveena. 2005
- Vaishya R, Dhawan R, Thukral R. Dislocation of Posteriorly Stabilized TKR.
- Vaishya R, Dwivedi R, Thukral R. Shoulder Arthroscopy (Indian experience)
- Vaishya R, Upadhyay V, Jain P. Muscle Pedicle grafting in Avascular Necrosis of Femoral head.
- Vaishya R. Artthroscopic shoulder stabilisation.
- Vaishya R. Recent advances in the management of chondral Injuries.
- Total Knee Replacement. B&B Hospital, Kathmandu.
- Total Knee Replacement. Chodha Hospital, Jalandhar
- Total Knee Replacement. Amandeep Hospital, Amritsar
- Arthroscopy Workshop. SM Hospital, Sikar
- Arthrosopy Workshop. Shukla Hospital, Dharamshala
- Arthroscopy Workshop. Paliwal Hospital, Bhopal
- Arthroscopy Worskhop. Jaipur Hospital, Jaipur
- Total Knee Replacement. City Hospital. Lucknow.
- Total Joint Replacement. Anupam Hospital, Rudrapur.
- Total Hip Replacement. NITOR, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Arthroscopy workshop. NITOR, Dhaka, Bangladesh
CONFERENCES/ WORKSHOPS ORGANIZED
- Apollo Arthroplasty Course (For Beninners) , Apollo Hospital, Delhi
- Recent Advances in Articular Cartilage Repair. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals. N Delhi. Nov 2004
- 2nd International Shoulder/Elbow Surgery Symposium. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals. N Delhi. Sept. 2002
- Monthly meeting of Delhi Orthopaedic Association. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, N Delhi.
- 1st International Shoulder Surgery Symposium. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, N Delhi. Sept 2000
- Monthly meeting of Delhi Orthopaedic Association. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, N Delhi.
- 2nd International Workshop on Total Knee Replacement. Friends Medical Centre, N Delhi. Nov 1997
- International Knee Workshop. Friends Medical Centre, N Delhi.
International Conferences Attended
- Recent Advances in Arthritis. IMA branch, Gwalior, July 2005
- What`s In & Out in THR. Apollo Arthroplasty Course. July 2005
- What`s In & Out in TKR. Apollo Arthroplasty Course. July 2005
- Bone Defects in TKR. Apollo Arthroplasty Course. July 2005
- What would you do? Apollo Arthroplasty Course. July 2005
- Recent Advances in the treatment of hip arthritis in young patients. IMA branch, Gwalior. April 2005
- Shoulder Arthroscopy. Ist Uttranchal Chapter conference of IOA. Nainital. April 2005.
- Hybrid Hip Replacement for younger patients. Ist Uttranchal Chapter conference of IOA. Nainital. April 2005.
- Recent Advances in the management of hip arthritis in young patients. IMA, Gwalior. April 2005.
- Shoulder Arthroscopy. Orthocon 2005. Islamabad. March 2005.
- RA in articular cartilage injuries. Orthocon 2005. Islamabad. March 2005.
- Prevent Injuries & Enhance Performance (PEP) program in sports injuries. 1st Sports medicine & Arthroscopy Workshop. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, N Delhi. March 2005.
- Cementless cups in THR. BOSCON meeting. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Jan 2005
- Arthroscopic stabilisation or recurrent dislocatin of shoulder. BOSCON meeting. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Jan 2005.
- Recent advances in Articular Cartilage Injuries. BOSCON meeting. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Jan 2005
- Design considerations in TKR. BOSCON meeting. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Jan 2005
- Cementless cups in THR. Exeter Hip Course. IOACON 2004, Agra. Dec 2004
- Arthroscopy in Osteoarthritis of Knee. Basic Arthroscopy Course. IOACON 2004. Agra. Dec 2004
- Overview of Articular Cartilage Injuries. Recent Advances in Articular Cartilage Repair. Apollo Hosp, N Delhi. Nov 2004.
- Advances in arthroscopic treatment of articular cartilage defects. National congress on arthroscopy & sports injuries. Allahabad, April 2003
- Arthroscopic stabilization of recurrent dislocation of shoulder. National congress on arthroscopy & sports injuries. Allahabad, April 2003
- Arthroscopic stabilization of recurrent dislocation of shoulder. Advance Trauma Course. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, N Delhi, April 2003
- Controversies in Total Knee Replacement. Current & future trends in Total Knee Arthroplasty. IOA North Zone Conference, Patiala, March 2003
- Infection in Total Knee Replacement. Workshop on Minimally Access Surgery for Knee Replacement. Apollo Hospital, N Delhi. Feb 2003
- Complications in Total Knee Replacement. International Total Knee Replacement conference, Apollo Hospital, N Delhi. Dec 2002.
- New Horizons in Joint Replacement Surgery in India. Sarita Vihar Study Circle, N Delhi. Dec. 2002
- New Horizons in Joint Replacement Surgery in India. Indian Medical Association. Jallandhar. Nov.2002
- Surgical Approaches to Shoulder. International Shoulder Surgery Conference, RML Hospital, N Delhi. Nov 2002.
- Surgical Approaches & Arthroscopic portals of Shoulder & Elbow. 2nd Apollo Shoulder Surgery Symposium. September 2002.
- Hybrid Total Hip Replacement. Seminar on Total Hip Arthroplasty. Allahabad.Sept 2002
- Complication & controversies in TKR. 26th Annual Conference of UP chapter of IOA. Ghaziabad 2002
- Recent Advances in the management of Osteoarthrtis. Indian Medical Association, Meerut. July 2002.
- Principles of Operative Fracture Treatment (Table Instructor). AO Course, N Delhi. July 2002
- Controversies & Complications in TKR. IOA (Delhi chapter). Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, N Delhi. January 2001.
- Role of Arthroscopy in Arthritis. Arthritis-Update. IMA BHEL branch, Bhopal. Feb 2001
- Controversies in TKR. 20th Annual conference of north Zone of IOA. Rohtak. Feb 2001
- TKR for management of OA knee. 19th Annual conference of IOA (MP Chapter) Khajuraho. Sept 2000.
- Recent advancement in treatment of OA knee. 19th Annual conference of IOA (MP Chapter) Khajuraho. Sept 2000.
- Controversies in Total Knee Replacement. 2nd Annual Conference of Central Zone of IOA. Bhopal. Jan 2000.
- Reamed v/s Unreamed Nailing. AO workshop at IOACON. Jaipur. November 2000.
- Arthroscopic Arthrolysis of Stiff Knees. North Zone IOA conference. Ludhiana. Feb 2000
- New Trends In Surgical Management of Disorders of Knee joint. Indian Medical Association. Merrut. July 1997.
- 70thAmerican Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). New Orleans, USA. Feb 2003